Sugaring (sugar waxing) is an ancient technique with origins in Egypt and ancient Greece. It is booming in popularity in Europe and has steadily grown more and more popular here at home in the States. Sugar can be applied by hand or using strips.
Sugaring is like waxing but is unique in that it removes the hair from the root almost 100% of the time. The ingredients in the sugar paste are so gentle, and the way that it is applied is so effective, that it rarely irritates the skin and is great for sensitive or allergy-prone skin types.
It is universally effective for all hair types and colors and you can use it on any part of your body and face. Sugar paste will not pull or irritate the skin; it will only pull on hair and will exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells.
With continuous use, sugaring reduces hair growth each time. The hair gradually grows back thinner and finer. How long you will stay hair-free depends on several factors, but you will see a much sparser re-growth already after the very first sugaring treatment. The average time between treatments is 4-6 weeks.
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first 24 hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. We carry a very affordable one in our spa which is made specifically for lash extensions.
- After 24 hours if your eyelashes are tangled or crossed over, use the mascara brush we provide you during your appointment to gently brush them straight and put them in place.
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean by regular washing. We carry a special foaming lash eyelash cleaner that will gently clean and bath your lashes. We highly recommend you clean your lashes every other day. Doing so will extend the life of your lash.
- Use only mascaras that are safe for eyelash extensions, no oil-based or waterproof mascaras. We have an extension safe mascara that goes on like butter and easily washes out with our specialty cleanser.
- After showering avoid rubbing lashes, it best to blot them with a towel, gently comb through them with the spoolie and let them air dry.
- You can also dry the lashes by using a hair dryer on the cool setting and blowing them dry from the bottom up. It makes them curlier and fluffy.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
Celluma light therapy is ideal for use following laser, microdermabrasion, microneedling, and injections. It also treats acne safely and effectively without abrasive chemicals, harmful UV rays or side effects.
Four Layer Facials Now at AMS
The Four Layer Facial launched in 1980 and was the first facial to pioneer the first uni-does professional treatment mask for estheticians with a variety of experiences offering the same results every time. This premier anti-aging facial treatment is formulated with European and American seaweed which is proven to have extraordinary benefits including:
- cell rejuvenation
- amino acids
- minerals and trace elements
- instant results
The Four Layer Facial is for men, women, and all skin types with skin benefits that include anti-aging, firms the appearance of facial contours, softens and smooths, rebalance epidermal function, hydrates, purifies and cleanses.
Layer 1: C Serum Seaweed Filtrate
- Softens lines, adds moisture. and helps rebalance and tone skin tissue
Layer 2: Creamy Hydrating Seaweed Facial Cream
- applied using a three-movement facial massage
Layer 3: Fresh Seaweed Mask
- hydrates while improving skin tone and clarity
Layer 4: Mineral Mask
- creates its own gentle warmth to activate the properties of the seaweed mask beneath it.
For more information or to book a Four Layer Facial with one of our licensed esthetician’s call 334-730-1268